SmartComm LLC - Www.SmartcommLLC.com Scammed my investment money!

Phoenix, Arizona 20 comments

Hi guys, I am worried about any investor that gets scammed by this guys. My name is John, and I guess I am what they call a pissed Consumer :-(

SmartComm LLC uses the old "Blue Sky" Sales pitch and they sell investors on high monthly returns for either 16,000 or 20,000 investments. They promise lifetime monthly incomes of thousands of dollars a month.

The thing is the founder of the company Pendleton Waugh has scammed many people over the years, and he has been shut down many times pulling these scams. So look out! I was lucky to only lose $16,000, most people will lose much much more. Be careful of SmartCOMMLLC.com

Review about: Investment.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #682422

Well I forgot about my post a few years ago but Mr.Waugh is now dead.

No point in arguing with the dead.I was not sued by him that is lie.

Conner: given your lack of response, I would have to conclude that you are an alias for one of our terminated Independent Marketing Representatives that either we already have sued or one of their associates. Otherwise, you already would have contacted me. Wouldn't that be correct?

I feel like the kid in the original Home Alone movie: "You had enough, or are you ready for more?"

I am still making myself available to talk with anyone interested in learning more about Smartcomm, LLC, its programs and me.

We hold regular Online webinars for qualified accredited investors who are seriously interested in learning about mobile broadband spectrum related opportunities.

Hey Connor: still waiting to hear from you. I am available from 830 am to 630 pm Monday through Friday. I also work most of the day on Saturday and a half day on Sunday.

We are continuing to pursue Mr. Kay in the local courts for his publishing defamatory statements about Smartcomm, LLC and me on this and other Internet sites. We are seeking both compensatory and punitive damages.

On a related note, on Saturday, August 13, we served Grant Stousland, Bob LaBine's brother-in-law, for his involvement in posting the anonymous so-called "White Paper" on a Ukrainian web hosting service in October 2010 and then updating it during November and December 2010. Unfortunately for Mr. Stousland, when someone updated the "White Paper," he or she forgot to delete the porperties from the pdf format. Oops.

We are using Mr. Stousland for more than $5 million in compensatory damages.

If anyone would be interested in obtaining a copy of the Kay and/or Stousland complaints, please contact me at Smartcomm, LLC.

I would like to invite anyone who is interested in learning more about mobile broadband spectrum investment related opportunities, Smartcomm, LLC or me to participate in one or more of our Online Webinars. If you would be interested, please contact us through our websire--www.smartcommllc.com or calling (602) 224-1080.

Conner: you may reach me at (602) 224-1080. My e-mail address is Penn.Waugh@smartcommllc.com.

Conner: send me your e-mail address so that I may send you an invitation to participate on a Due Diligence Webinar and perhaps learn about mobile telephony and mobile broadband in general and then Smartcomm, LLC, its programs and me.

Pendleton Waugh,

I am close to someone who has invested with you.I have seen nothing but a bad track record as well as the FCC stating that your company MAY NOT promise licenses to any investor or small business.

I am not hiding from you like these people. my number is 6236870099 if you want to defend yourself but if not your prison record will show how well you have done in the past.

You think that attacking nervous investors online is the best way for you to put your point across?Ill tell you what...im calling you out my friend either try to change my mind or stop posting comments online if your a "serious investor" thanks

Pendleton Waugh,

Still no response from Mr. Kay or any of Smartcomm, LLC's terminated Independent Marketing Representatives and their associates.

I guess if you have to use your real name, this game is not nearly as much fun for you.

Stay tuned for a status update report re lawsuits filed and discovery against these individuals.

I am still waiting. Come on, that can't be all that you've got. Is that it?

Pendleton Waugh, President

Smartcomm, LLC

Wow. I am still waiting for a response from Smartcomm, LLC's and my critics. Perhaps it is a little more difficult when your identity has been revealed and writing defamatory statements results in civil liability for compensatory and punitive damages.

I am extending my invitation to all of Smartcomm, LLC's and my anonymous critics.

Come on out and play. Or has it gotten a little too rough for you now?

I am inviting Mr.Kay and "Shared Tips" to join in this discussion using their real names.

I would think that would not be any problem if their statements were truthful.On the other hand, I certainly can understand their reluctance to do so.

fasteddie85251

I am Pendleton Waugh, President of Smartcomm, LLC. I do not hide my identity when posting my comments unlike the person who wrote the knowingly false statements about Smartcomm, LLC and me.

The author of these negative comments is Chris Kay, a Phoenix businessman who purchased two license applications from Smartcomm License Services, LLC in mid-2009. Prior to such purchase, Mr. Kay met with Shannon Downs, then Smartcomm, LLC's Director of Sales, who explained the opportunity, answered Mr. Kay's questions and discussed my background.

In late 2010, Mr. Kay's business experienced difficulties due to the contiuning economic slowdown. Apparently desperate for funds, he demanded a refund of the monies that he had paid even though Smartcomm License Services, LLC had completed the services it had agreed to perform.

When his refund demand was denied, Mr. Kay contacted Carole Downs, Smartcomm, LLC's Chief Executive Officer, by phone and e-mail and threatened to "ruin" its business if she did not agree to refund his monies.

He then launched a concerted campaign to make good on this threat by posting knowingly false statements on several investor fraud websites such as this one. He also filed knowingly false complaints with the Phoenix Better Business Bureau and the Arizona Corporations Commission.

Several months ago, Smartcomm, LLC filed a lawsuit against Mr. Kay in a Phoenix court for various torts to recover considerable compensatory and punitive damages.

As an aside, when someone posts these type of comments anonymously, you almost always can rest assured that it is because they are knowingly false.

Very good post, I was really searching for this topic, as I wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also very rare in internet, that is why it was very difficult to understand.

Thank you for sharing this.

regards:

share tips

Awesome article, I am an avid reader of your blog, keep on writing these great posts, and I’ll be a regular visitor for a very long time.

share tips

The previous comment is clearly made by someone connected to Smartcomm - perhaps Ms Downs or Mr.Waugh.

Since Smartcomm has not acquired any spectrum for John, will you, Smartcomm, refund his money? Answer this for all investors.

Having read thetruthaboutsmartcomm.com, it is my understanding that once you give Smartcomm yor money the only money they will give you back is the filing fee which totals a couple hundred dollars on an investment Smartcomm charges $16 to $20 thousand for.Unless someone can come forward and prove that Smartcomm refunded ALL of their money when asked, the smartcomm thing nothing but an old fashion scam.

My Opinion
#220553

To my knowledge this "John" could not have "lost $16,000" as the FCC has not come out with the public notice releasing the the EB's yet.Until they do, John will not know the "real value" of what he has.

Smartcomm does not "promise a lifetime monthly income".

Once again John mis read the information from the company or was misinformed.I hope he will further educate himself in the opportunity he invested in.

View more comments